This is, like many of my other recipes, a very quick and equally delicious sweet recipe that won't have detrimental effects on your blood sugar. I'm going to be honest - I made this recipe up on the spot when I was hit with a particularly strong craving for something chocolatey. So, I reached for the cocoa powder and came up with something AWESOME. It's perfect to share with someone, and can be a great way to get children to eat fruit, as fruit is perfect to dip into your fondue sauce.
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Honey/agave/maple syrup to taste
- a pinch of salt
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave. I'd recommend putting it in for about 40 seconds.
- Combine it with the cocoa powder and stir it thoroughly.
- Add in the salt and honey/agave/maple syrup until it is to your liking.
- Cut up some fruit and dip those suckas! I used banana and strawberry but you could try any fruit, and even nuts. Just pop them on the end of a cocktail stick and get dunkin'.
- Just a little word of warning: if you refrigerate it, it will solidify. But fear not - it actually tastes pretty good solid! Just like chocolate!